The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, July 08, 2011

Imminent Correction or Just a Brief Pause

Regardless, it looks like today's dip is on low volume. It would be interesting to see if we could get a high volume reversal or bounce at this level. Despite the overall negativity with the job report, there are several stocks displaying strength

Tough Stocks: ADLR, ANX, GENE, JVA, LNKD, PCYC, SODA, XPO

Day Trades: CRVP (based off JVA momentum)

Long Term Trades: LNKD (high short interest/low float/popular)

Interesting Stocks: JVA (low float, abnormal vol and price action/hot sector), SODA (high short interest/low float/"in" product)

4 Comments:

At 5:04 PM , Blogger vhdupati said...

Hey Nick,

What do you think is up with GENE?
Any information?
The chart looked great to me before the halt.

Thanks

 
At 11:39 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

hey vh,

I wish I knew. There is a lot of speculation regarding the halt. I've heard that it may be a buyout or share dilution via capital raise. In any case, find it bizarre that it has been halted for so many days. I heard that it may begin to resume trading again either on Wednesday or Thursday. I actually had bought a small position in it so I am anxious to see what happens.

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger vhdupati said...

I guess the news was bad...30% down...

But I still think GENE will be a success...

Any thoughts?

 
At 6:27 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

it is possible that it can be successful, but what is the point in holding a stock that can be halted at any moment? Even worse, how can the stock itself ever be successful when the company's own management can halt it at any time for 2 weeks? Its a lose-lose situation.

For me it was an unfortunate loss and one that doesn't even seem fair at that. I would have to think twice about buying that stock again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz