The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

WELCOME!

Hey whats up everyone? Welcome to my blog! My name's Nick and I'm really into trading and investing stocks, mutual funds, ETF's, and just about anything else. Although this is my passion, I am not able to trade or invest all the time. Thats because I have to juggle school, a GF, a part-time job as well as homework...and of course- research for stocks. Because of this, I rarely have the time to "daytrade" or trade pennystocks. But when I do have some extra time, I may do a quick daytrade or play a penny for a little.

My main goal is to pick stocks that you can hold onto for a quick trade (timeframe of a few days to a few weeks) or a longer-term investment (timeframe of few weeks to a year or greater). I will use many methods in finding stocks. One method is performance vs overall market sentiment/performance. This is meant to find stocks that are near or at their 52wk highs during bad market conditions (like the ones we have been experiencing in the last few weeks). These stocks may be great performers because of the INDUSTRY that they are in or because of some positive news of some sort. I will highlight the reason I choose a stock as well. Some stocks may be picked because of insider trading activity and institutional accumulation. Again, we must see WHY the insiders and mutual funds are buying. A lot of new investors just rush in and throw a ton of money into a stock that has had some recent insider accumulation without knowing the facts. ALWAYS do some research into a stock that has had some insider buying. Believe me, it helps you avoid buying a stock that has insider buying just to look attractive even though the stock is a dud and there is no great news pending.

Of course there are other great indicators of a worthy stock. I will get into more details about these at a later time.

4 Comments:

At 3:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

New generation of impersonal personals
I check mine at least twice a day. Why? To see the number of times it's been accessed, to see what other people post and for no reason whatsoever.
Blogs are like children. You love them and nuture them and hope that they turn out alright. It appears you have done that with your blog! Great work!

I have a golf bags site. It pretty much covers golf bags related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger jacko492 said...

Just checking Blogs for ideas. Yours caught my eye. I'm trying to put a site together about things like, wedding favor ribbon , and naturally call it Wedding Favors, but I'm new at this and hope it works.---Jack---

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey I appreciate the positive feedback guys, thanks!!! BUT I have one problem..Umm, yeah listen guys, I really appreciate the fact that you have visited my blog and all, but PLEASEEEEE, lets stick to stocks, ok? So that means no talking about the Palestinian/Israeli Conflict or CREDIT CARD CONSOLIDATION, CHEATING WIVES AND REAL ESTATE BS. Thanks! =)

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey guys, just so you know, I'd appreciate it if you would post comments on the most current post or at least current month, lol. I rarely go back this far to see if anyone commented. Believe me, by commenting on the most current post, your are making my life and your life much easier! Plus, that way I can comment back in a timely way! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz