The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

American Retirement Corp. (ACR) acquisition.

Today, American Retirement Corp (ACR), a stock that I have highly recommended was at a discount today. And why? Because it announced that it is in agreements to purchase and sell Epoch Senior Living. This deal will help ACR acquire 8 additional senior living centers from Epoch. The deal requires a $5,000,000 deposit and is worth around $138,000,000. Well that explains why the stock is down today. Usually, when a company announces it will acquire another company, the stock goes down. This is because investor sentiment drops because of the uncertainties of the deal. People tend to sell on the news and drop the price a little. Too many acquisitions are not healthy for any companies well being. Yet a strategic acquisition that can benefit the company is priceless. I believe this move will benefit ACR in the long run. Regardless, we were given a discount in its price. Remember I said we could expect a move down to the 16 range. All I know is, everyone should have a piece of ACR in their portfolio. I know I will.

- Nick M H

American Retirement Corp (ACR) 3 Month chart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz