The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Dow does it Again...

That's right. Once again, the DJIA manages to pull of a new high. Even more impressive is the fact that we closed at the HOD. Now that's saying something. No profit taking, no pessimissm, no nothing. I like the confidence of the market and I believe that we have a good shot at avoiding a double top. Just to be safe though, I took a few profits here and there. Nothing big, nothing major....I'm just exercising a little precaution. I also cut loose a few laggards as well. In my opinion, if you had a stock that didn't perform well or even at least finish closer to the high end of the day, then get rid of it! There is no reason that you or I should hold onto losers. Only winners please! I should also mention that if you notice that certain stocks in your holdings are lagging, that means that they are not taking part of the new rally that is taking place. In a sense, they could be considered old and not interesting to the new money that is pushing other stocks higher. The best thing to do is take your profits, take your losses and start snapping up some new charts that are showing up on your radar screens.


Profits/Sells: TONS ( I've been long since 41 and below, so it was only right. Keep in mind, I only sold a quarter of my position.)
KHDH: I also took profits some profits on KHDH. Although I really like this stock as a long-term play, I can't ignore the fact that the stock looks like it needs to come down a little bit and take a breather. I would wait until it drops down and shows a clear support level. When it does, jump back into it.
MTOX: Took some profits. I will re-add to the position if it can hang above 20 and straighten out its chart.

Sells: GRIL ( I gave it a chance and it continues to let me down. I am leaning on the sell side on this one. It seems to me that the trend has been broken. There were several clues to this in the begining of April. During the first few trading days in April, the stock always seemed to open up at around 9.30 and then close at the LOD. This happened several times in a row and seemed like a bad signal. Then the big drop that sliced through the 10 and 20day Ma's on heavy volume. That was the tipping point on GRIL. For now, avoid this stock and move onto better plays.)

Add to: BLX (this S.A bank play is looking strong. I would continue to hold it and add to it.)
CCIX (CCIX is currently resting and readying itself for its next monsterous up move. If I were you, I would quietly add on new shares every time it takes an intra -day dip.
SYNL (I've been long since 23 on SYNL. Todays breakout is a signal to buy, so I bought some more. I think we are heading higher now that SYNL has the Street's attention).

New Adds: IPAR, DXPE ( I first played DXPE nearly 2 years ago when I first started out. I remember buying it when it wasn't trading for more than $6. Thinking back, I wish I would have held onto it as a longer-term investment, instead of selling it so soon...oh well..you live and you learn).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz