The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Trade Journal

In order to take advantage of the current market strength, I decided to buy several stocks on my radar screen.

New Buys: VSCN (rebought after selling for small loss), TRT (rebought), WSTG, HOKU, ELON, PATK, TRFX, METH

Added to: ANET, GBX, PHC, VII, SLT

Sold-Profit: CVU (+3%), VSCN sold intra-day (+9.2%)

Sold-Loss: CFI (-1.5%)

4 Comments:

At 1:19 AM , Blogger A said...

Still holding BZC?

 
At 1:25 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Yep, still holding. I will continue to hold unless the technicals completely fail.

 
At 2:05 AM , Blogger A said...

when you purchase stocks on your watch lists, do you place a stop loss?

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

I usually don't use stop losses. I used them in the past only to watch the stocks bounce back up after my shares were sold off. I use a mental stop loss plan on all my stocks. If I notice that the technicals have gone sour and that there is no chance for the stock to rebound, I sell. I also sell if a stock breaks down from the 50 day MA since that would signify a major trend change. Lastly, I might also sell a position if it decreases 7-8% from the buypoint (IBD).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz