The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Not Too Shabby...

Although the DJIA was down once again, the NASDAQ was able to pull itself up and close over 20 points. For the past few trading sessions there have been hints that have indicated that the NASDAQ would be the stronger index so today's action does not come as a surprise. It will be interesting to see how the week ends.

New Buys: ALGT, PSMT (rebuy), SHI, WBD

Strong Stocks: ACTU, AXYS, EXLS, FRM, HNSN, KHD, NTCT, RBN, SQNM

4 Comments:

At 11:32 PM , Blogger StockKevin said...

Nick,

Thanks for the comment. When I first started, I made the mistake of restricting myself to stocks below $20. I ended up missing big moves with $40+ stocks such as AAPL.

Anyways, its good to see that you are still coming out with good picks. Just out of shear curiosity, so do you trade full time or do you have side jobs also?

 
At 12:05 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Kevin,

At the moment I trade full time and manage assets (through investments and trades) for several of my friends and relatives. I consider this an extensive training course since I'm in the process of honing my trading skills in order to bring them to a professional level. My main goal is to eventually establish my own professional asset management firm.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Chakri said...

Nick
I think you are on the right track. All the best. But remember to include depreciating value of dollar in your investment strategy.. even if the earnings from the stock investments are 40% and dollar falls by 30% during the same time.. it means 10% gained.. Its like chasing the inflation..
Even speculative... try diggin out the stocks that have chance to sky rocket..(ADRs) even short lived.. but worth to jump in and get out not burned... its a game.. as usa policy makers in my opinion are acting plain stupid abt the economy at the moment.

On a diff note, wht you think about SWC..

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Raj,

I'm not too crazy about SWC. There are other stocks in the same industry group with much better setups.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz