The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Stock Picks and Trade Ideas for Monday, October 29, 2007

Friday's brilliantly bullish close was just what the market needed. Although we didn't exactly close at the HOD, we did manage to successfully bounce off the 50 day MA and close up 1%. Although most of my stocks did well, CRDC and SQNM let me down. SQNM's situation is understandable (nice run-up already), but CRDC was a big let down. Its chart pattern was promising which is why I was surprised. Still, earnings and fundamentals need to be taken into account for the big negative reversal. I believe that traders and investors were looking for a bigger boost in earnings. Perhaps they thought that CRDC would post a positive EPS this quarter. Who knows and who cares. I managed to bail out nicely and break even. I even trimmed down on some ASIA as the stock did not perform as well as I thought it would. None of this really bothers me as there are plenty of new longs setting up very promising chart patterns. Lets take a look at some of the new comers....

New Long Ideas: CROX (rebuy), EPAY, HDB, IBN, ICO, NSIT, SCUR (rebuy), SCL, SQM, TTM, WNG


* I have a few more interesting buy ideas but I don't want to mention them yet. I'd first like to see how they react tomorrow. If they exhibit strength I may post them as In Play candidates.

Add To: ADAM, GHM, NTCT, PGI, TISI, WBD

Sell: SHEN

*ICO and TTM were both previously mentioned by my readers. I do not remember if both were mentioned by the same person or by two different individuals. Regardless, the person (or persons), recognized two potential winners in their infancy. Although they may have been a good buy when first mentioned, now is the correct time to buy ICO and TTM as both are at ideal, low-risk buy points.

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM , Blogger Chakri said...

PAL's looking good.. one thing abt PAL is that the palladium is the only metal that has not seen run up recent times.. and importantly it is an industrial metal.. !! should double soon.(er or later ~= 6 months )!

SWC is another one.

Please keep an eye on them for nice entry point..

-Raj.

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey Raj,

Thanks for the heads up on PAL and SWC. I will keep an eye on them and watch to see them put in a bottom.

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger RoCoach said...

AOB looks like it may soon take another move up. It has worked its way steadily back after falling from its highs in August. Its 50dma has once again moved above the 200dma and 9 out of the last 10 weeks have been up-weeks.

Have you had a look at this one, by any chance?

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Rocoach,

I am familiar with AOB but I haven't kept a close eye on it. The last time I really checked on it, it was putting in its bottom between 7-8. Now that the 50 day MA finally caught up with the 200 day, it can finally officially begin a real uptrend. At the moment, the only thing thats lacking is the volume. I am looking for a above average volume upside move to seal the deal. But still, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I will place it on my watchlist and keep an eye on it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz