The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Stick and Move...

This is exactly how I feel like when I encounter days such as today. To survive as a trader, you have to think like a fighter. Let your guard down and you'll be exposing yourself to a beating from the market. Despite the days challenges, things didn't turn out as bad as I thought they would. Since today's action did not generate that many earth shattering long opportunities (I only bought BIOD), I took the time to add to some of my better performing short positions (FO, FTEK, MSM). I also added more to my top performing long positions such as IMAX and VSNT. Those were the only two longs that I felt safe adding to. Lastly, I cut a lot of my losers and laggards (such as FUQI and several others). I've also decided to improve my strategy (sort of like an early New Years resolution), by being more selective in my trades as I feel that I have been over trading. I will most likely begin to implement this strategy in January.

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Nick, I can't believe you are still trading in this market. You are much braver than I am. I hope you have a "year in review" post. I'd like to see what you learned and if possible how well you did.

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Scott,

I can't believe it either. I'm bascially just hanging in there, adding to the few stocks that continue to do good and getting rid of the ones that are starting to crack. I am planning on having a year in review type post by the end of December. Most likely, I will highlight some of the best and worst trades of the year as well as my performance for 2007. Best of luck to you and don't get dicouraged. I know the current market environment sucks but it will eventually pass leading to new and exciting opportunities.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz