The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Some New Trades...

I placed a few new trades this week. I tried to resist the urge to add new positions, but there were several stocks that I just could not pass up. I will post the new trades later on in the evening.


New Buys: APKT (in at 5.74), AVRX (in at 0.47), AZK (in at 4.12), DROOY (in at 9.45), IAG (in at 7.65), KONG (in at 5.16), NAK (in at 5.77), PIP (in at 3.01), RIC (in at 3.07), UXG (in at 2.00)

Sold for Profit: TIS (+27%)

Added To: ANDS, BBND, OPTR


Watching: CACC, CGR, COMV, COOL, IMGN, OCN, RGR, SWHC, XIN, ZICA


Thinking of adding to: LNG (if it breaks out above resistance)

Wish I hadn't sold: STSI

3 Comments:

At 9:17 AM , Blogger Chad said...

I've been riding STSI. What a turn around there! I got sloppy two weeks ago and didn't sell it when my discipline said I should have. It was definitely a lucky break!

Thanks for the updates!

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

No problem Chad. Glad to see that you still held on (even though you went against your discipline!). I sold it a bit early back in November 2008. It appeared on my radar again in the middle of January 2009, but I was hesitant in buying! I have to say that I missed out on quite a gain. Good luck with your position!

Take care,

Nick M

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

If ones strategy is short term trades, I suggest taking some action to protect those profits as we may be near a reversal point. I would love to see what happens when the VIX begins to flirt with the low 40/high 39 range.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz