The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Industry Focus: Electrical Equip/Alternative Power Stocks

More specifically, companies that are involved in alternative energy equipment for the automotive and transportation sectors. Focus on stocks that are developing new battery and fuel cell technology. The recent news interest surrounding these stocks (think Chevy Volt) is helping the the entire sector as a whole. Speculation of government funding for alt energy/new battery technology is assisting as well. Here are some stocks to keep an eye on.

ACPW, AONE, BLDP, CBAK, ENA, HPJ, LIWA, PWER, UQM

These are just a few of the ones that come to mind...

5 Comments:

At 3:33 PM , Blogger Chad said...

BLDP, HPJ, PWER, and UQM all look ripe! ;) LIWA is shallow but I like it.

Thanks, Nick!
-Chad.

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hi Chad,

I am expecting more strength from these stocks in the near term future. The media is very focused on and starving for action on alt energy/fuel cell/alt battery technology for vehicles. Some of them have a bad close (i.e BLDP, AONE.), but LIWA, PWER UQM and ACPW closed up just fine. I am curious to see how they will perform the rest of the week.

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Chad,

BTW, I grabbed some LIWA a few sessions ago in the low 8's. So far, so good.

Take care,

Nick M.

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Chad said...

I'm still looking at LIWA; I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger. I'll see what it is doing today after the open.

PWER looks really attractive to me today if it shows strength.

-Chad.

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hold off, see if there is support at around 8.25 by EOD. If there is, grab a small pos. Cut your losses if the stock ever dips and closes below 7.85.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz