The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rare Earth and Mineral Companies are In Play

I've been watching stocks such as REE and SHZ, patiently waiting for a re-entry. I received the confirmation on them yesterday, but I was stranded (because of the snow) and was not able to access my charting software, so I was left in the dust. By the time I was able to see the charts, I was already way past AH trading hours. So, I am jumping in today. The charts and volume hint at huge gains, and who am I to disagree?

New Buys: AVL (in at 6.63), REE (in at 13.50), SHZ ( in at 5.33)

11 Comments:

At 2:52 PM , Blogger vhdupati said...

great picks Nick. I was watching Rare earth metals sector too...take a look at MCP(molycorp)

good luck

-vhdupati

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

thanks Vhdupati,

MCP looks good too, thanks for the heads up on it.

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger vhdupati said...

Nick,

Wats going on with SHZ.
Should we sell and take profits?
Wats your take?

thanks

 
At 3:34 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

If it closes at or near HOD, hold until tomorrow

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger vhdupati said...

how about other stocks such as XING and CHGS in the same sector...read few articles mentioning them...

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

CHGS is just a sympathy play. Its technicals are not as strong as SHZ's. CHGS reminds me of SHZ back in October when it was bottoming out. I think CHGS's rise will be quicker and harder to time, leading to a premature fizzle in the stocks actions.

XING looks good, but gave absolutely no warning of a run-up, so it is also a sympathy play that will fizzle after a day or two. SHZ is the only one that could be timed and bought in in a low risk manner.

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger vhdupati said...

sold shz at 9.60. any new trades on your end..

-vhdupati

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger vhdupati said...

hey Nick,

whats your take on LOCM

thanks

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

LOCM is all right, wait for a breakout above 7.50 level. Good job on selling SHZ. I might sell later on, but I don't think I'll get a fill in the 9 range

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger vhdupati said...

Nick,

Happy New Year. Good luck in 2011.

-Vhdupati

 
At 11:25 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Happy New Year and best of luck to you as well, Vhdupati

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz