The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

SFP Insiders are at it again!

It seems as if Salton Inc (SFP) has just started heating up. Although I am not too crazy on the delay of earnings, I do hope it is a good thing, because the Contrarian Equity Fund took it as a opportunity to load up on more shares. How much more? Between September 12 and today, the Contrarian Equity fund was able to gobble up over 440,000 shares of SFP. Now thats a lot! My feeling is the news should be good. The stock is up today at 4.34. With volume a little below average on the delay of earnings, I wouldn't worry about it, as the rest of the investors aren't worried either. If it were bad, we would notice a major dump, not a price increase of near +4%

Has anyone kept an eye on STV? At 19?! Wow! I say wait a little more until the stock gets even closer to its 50 day MA. Note, if you bought at 19, great job! I was off on that, but still it's all good, lol (9/17).

CMCO has hit another 52wk high! Today it touched 23.65 and closed at 23.26!

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Wasssuuup Dave?!


lol, Yep SFP is keeping our trading accounts happy lately! No thanks needed on the update, I just noticed it today so I thought you'd like to know that the insiders are still buying it up, even in the $4 range!
Lol, by the way, you're more than welcome on my blog, Dave! And yes I am happy with CMCO, I just hope its not rising up too fast like STV. Still I think its in fine shape. Oh and the reason for the movments are as follows: Great last quarter...institutional ownership is up, and the main reasons are: The company makes and sell construction equipment...kinda like Caterpillar (CAT). So with the Highway Bill and all the new road work that needs to be done, companies like STV need CMCO's hoist, lifts and cranes to make new roads and fix the old ones. Also Hurrican Katrina is another big reason why CMCO is moving so fast as well...more business means big price moves.
I wouldnt worry about DCEL too much. It is going to relax a little before the next leg up...patience Dave, patience!
Oh and ACR is definatly looking good for long term! Anyways Dave Im off to do some hw. I'll be back later to post some more! Take Care, Dave

- Nick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz