The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Taking advantage of the situation

Listen folks,

A good stock is a good stock. It doesn't matter who pumps it, or buys a million shares. A few months ago, I had my eye on a small bio-pharamceutical company called BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc (BCRX). I liked it because it had a really nice chart. I am talking about solid chart. But it traded very thinly, and there wasn't that much interest in the company. Fast forward to the present and BCRX is up big time! Why? Because Cramer pumped it last Friday and today (afterhours). Its his pick in the great big avian flu craze! I say, great and congradulations. Who cares! I like the company too, since it has the momentum. But I'm not going to sit there and bid for it when its up over 13%! Hell No! And I don't expect you to do so as well! The company isn't going anywhere. It isn't being aquired and what not! So why rush? I say, let the price come down to you and when its at a satisfactory level, buy the heck out of it! ait at least 2-3 (or more) days for Cramers B.S. effect to wear off and the stock will drop like a rock close to its Pre-Cramer levels. That is when interest dies off. I am not saying the stock is dying off! Nope, not unless it goes below the 50day Ma (which it is not). But just buy it fore cheaper! Thats how you make money. If there is any advice I want you to take, take that! Believe me I know because I learned the hardway. You at least, shouldn't! Lesson learned!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz