The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Monday, April 23, 2007

End of Day Recap..

Hey guys,

Today was a quiet, lazy trading session that ended with a low-volume pullback. Despite this, I managed to pull in a decent gain today. I also took some profits in certain stocks. Of course, there have been some new buys as well.


New Buys: GTA - I have mentioned GTA before on some of my stock lists. Although the stock looked good, the stock was stock in a tight range. With the stock breaking out last Friday, today was a good time to initiate a position. Although I got in at a good price, I would have liked to have seen more buyers jump in. I am sure that even more traders will find it on their watchlists and screeners later on in the evening.

PCS- A fairly new issue with all the inner-workings of a real winner. I like PCS and although it's been trading for only 3 days, I like what I see.

SNHY- I've known about this stock for a while now. I picked some up today because the chart has shown considerable improvement. SNHY has formed a cup with handle-like formation and has recently broken out of it. Still, I would like to see it take out its all time high before I add any more. Its all time high is around 32/33.

APOG- Been watching this one for a bit and decided to push the trigger on this one. The accumulation on this one is nuts.

AAC- Another mainstay on my watch-list. I decided that today was a good entry point so I took it. Lets see how this little momo play pans out.
---------------------------------------------
Profits/Sells: MTOX - although I didn't get a chance to re-add to my position, I did sell some more today. So far, I have sold 3/4 of my position.

SPAR- I am starting to not like the chart on SPAR so I decided to sell most of my position in this security today. I did make a profit on it.

ZOOM- I sold most of my position in ZOOM for a 12% loss (-12%). I will keep it on the watchlist just in case it fixes itself.

TTEK, TTES - All sold. More risk than reward, so no thanks...

GRIL: I hate to have to constantly beat a dead horse, but if you still haven't sold GRIL, today's close below the 50 day MA is a definite sell signal. There is no need to drown yourself in a loss and try to cost average down and all that nonsense. Just sell, take the loss and hop into another trade. If you are a long-term investor then you are used to taking the occasional punishment from a failing stock.
------------------------------------
Add-Ons: BLX - I added a little more today...

CCIX- I took advantage of the intra-day dip and add some more.

SGU- SGU is looking good with a clean bounce up off of the 50 day MA.

FTK - looking good today...

INXI - hottest chart out there. I added a tiny bit to my position. I still like this one and I believe that we have more upside in store. Stick around...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz