The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Keep Adding Onto the Winners...

I don't have any new, earth shattering longs for today (at least so far). At the moment, I have enough high quality and speculative stocks in my portfolio that I want to trim down the buying of new stocks and concentrate on adding to the top performing ones and getting rid of the laggards. Of course, if I see a stock that really does deserve to be in the 'folio, I'll probably still snatch it up...


Add to: PENX, RBN, RRST, KTEC (good add-on point), SVLF, SXCI, BOOT (good buy point and add on point)

4 Comments:

At 8:02 PM , Blogger A said...

RRST made quite the reversal today!

 
At 2:31 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Yeah, I know, just as I decided to add more to it. Just my luck! Might have to cut it loose if the problem persists into next week. With such a strong rally, if a stock isn't performing as well or on par, its time to let it go. SXCI is another that I am thinking about selling.

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger Cisco Voice said...

hey, i've been lurking around your blog a lot. it has a lot of information. I'm a college student just like yourself and just recently started in virtual stocks and am planning on playing for real in a few months. I'm wondering what program or where you get your charts from for technical analysis? I just use the free yahoo charts at the moment. By the way..im up 11% in my virtual stocks in just 30 days of playing it with

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Good job on the 11% return! For someone just starting out, you are on the right track. Definitely keep it up. I also started out paper trading/virtual trading on Stock Trak. Once I became confident on my stock picking, I began to trade full time. As far as a good charting service, if you want something free, use Big Charts. I have been using this free charting service from Market Watch since day one. To me, it is indispensable. Another good service to use is the Worden Brothers TeleChart 2000/2007 service. Although Telechart is another excellent charting tool, it is not for free, since it is a monthly subscription service. Still, the fee is not that bad. Definitely check those two services out. Also thanks for checking out my blog! I'm glad that you find it informative. Best of luck and happy trading...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz