The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Stock Picks and Trade Ideas for Thursday

New Buy Candidates: DYAX, IDIX, IDRA, VSCI (rebuy)

New Short Sale Candidates:

Add To: GU

Note: Again, there aren't that many new buy candidates. Even DYAX and VSCI are not really new. I have been mentioning DYAX every other day for the past week and a half. VSCI is also a former long. It performed well up until its big earnings disaster. Still, the stock has found support at its 50 day MA and has picked itself up on brisk volume, making it a good long for time being. IDRA and IDIX were mentioned yesterday. For more buy candidates and ideas for good longs, take a look at the last few posts. Most of the stocks that I have mentioned have performed quite well and may still be good longs.

3 Comments:

At 10:01 PM , Blogger Yre said...

just curious how come HA was not caught in your criteria.. or is it abt time to short this one.

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Yre,

HA was mentioned as a new buy candidate on March 26, I believe. Although I didn't personally buy some, I did put it out that it was a good potential buy. I would say that it is way too early to make a good short out of HA. The stock is breaking out to new highs which is not a good short signal.

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Yre,

Looking at the chart, HA does look a bit overextended. If the stock closes near its LOD, go for the short.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz