The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sold!

Basically, today was another chance for me to liquidate the portfolios. The past few weeks have been hard and fast. It also went by fast. Still, despite not holding onto most of my positions for more than a month or two, I still feel that it was best to sell. The last thing I need is to see all of my hard work and gains evaporate in a day or two due to a hard selling market. Anyhow, I have sold off most of my positions except for a small handful. Some that I am still holding include AREX, TGH, MRB and a few others. I really wish I had more time to devote to the blog, but the past few days have been very hectic. I have been up since quarter to 7 this morning and I still have a ton of work to do just to prepare for tomorrow (its 2:30 am the next day). I will try and post all of my sells. This will include profits, losses and stocks that I am still holding onto. So yes, I am mostly in cash now. The returns were quite good. Hopefully I will have something to brag about by years end. Take care.

11 Comments:

At 12:19 AM , Blogger John Border said...

Hi Nick,

A while ago we had Link Exchanged for a site of mine Stock MArket For Beginners ( http://stockmarketforbeginnersguide.com ).

I would love to Exchnage links with you for two of other stock marekets blogs which are :

Title : Stock Market Basics
URL : http://www.stockmarketbasics.info

Title : Beginners Forex Trading
URL : http://www.beginnersforextrading.info.


I have added both your blogs onto the BlogRoll for both of them.

Please reciprocate and do let me know.

Thanks
John Border.

 
At 12:50 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hi John,

Thanks for the additional adds. Although I didn't have time today, I will add your other sites to my blog roll tomorrow as soon as I get a chance.

Best,
Nick

 
At 7:11 AM , Blogger Yre said...

Nick,
Congratulations on your successful picks...Golden ones.

My research indicates that after NG, and OIL... the next wave of quick money in next few months can and will be made in URANIUM stocks. Pls keep an eye on that sector.

Best Regards

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger Chad said...

All in cash was a good call. I followed suit.

-Chad.

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

John,

The links to your websites are up and running on my blogroll. Again, thanks for the adds!

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Yre,

Thanks. So far so good. The mad oil and energy rush definitely helped out my performance for 2008. I am keep all metals and energy related stocks on the radar. Uranium is an interesting play. It may act well for a short term trade.

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Chad,

Good job! I hope you made out like a bandit!

 
At 12:40 AM , Blogger Chad said...

40% was purty nice for minimal interaction.(mainly in big techs). I have to pull out for a while anyway. I've got a wedding to attend to. I'll be back in July.

 
At 5:03 AM , Blogger rol lew said...

uranium stocks watch list.....
CCJ CAMECO
DNN DENISON MINES
NLR NUCLEAR POWER ETF - VAN ECK
PKN NUCLEAR PWR ETF
UEC URANIUM ENERGY
USU USEC - low enriched uranium

 
At 9:28 PM , Blogger John Border said...

Thanks Nick for considering the links. I really appreciate it

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Not a problem John. Thank you for putting my blog on your blog roll as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz