The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Trade Journal for March-May

This is the trade journal for March through May. It is called this because it mainly deals with positions that were bought from March to May 2008. I have already started listing some of my profits and losses on the last few posts. This will be the continuation of that. Again, I want to reiterate that I have liquidated most of my positions (about 90%). This was done because of the increase in risk in the U.S. markets. Although I may have sold out of a few oil stocks a bit too soon, I'd rather keep a 60% profit rather then let it turn into a 10% loss. I will try to have everything done by tomorrow night. I have to stress the fact that I have been feverishly busy the last few weeks. There has been a lot of extra side work and preparation that has taken up so much of my time. Still, I will try my best to have the results up as soon as I can. For now, enjoy your Memorial day weekend.


Sold for Profit: AFAM (+9.8%), APWR (+29.4%), AREX (+26.9), BEXP (+51%), CPST (+15%), CLR (+42.7%), DGLY (+31%), DMLP (+21%), EGY (+9.7%), EPM +30.5%), FPP (remaining 25% position +177%//3/4 position sold for +148%), FSYS (+7.7%), GEOI (+119%), GSX (+28%), GTE (+33%), HDSN (+133%), HUSA (+62%), ICO (+47.35%), IVAN (+26%), LL (+56.11%), MEA (+11.5%), MPET (+24.8%), MRB (+12.6%), NOG (+42%), PDO (+79.72% for 3/4 position/+215% original 1/4 position + additional +60% on last add on position), RAME (+10.90%), SCL (+15.25%), SCU +7.2%), SNHY (+10%), SOL (+22.9%), SUTR (+39.7%), TACT (+16.6%), TGC (+31%), TGH (+11%), TITN (+32%), TNS (+16.7%), V (+9.63), WHT (+36%), XIDE (+43%), ZEUS (+26%)


Holding: CDY, CTT, CWEI, HCKT, OFI, ROYL

Sold for Loss: CXG (-4.8%), GENC (-16.23%), KAZ (-12.7%), LRT (-1.75%), MPWR (-2.85%), NGS (-4.6%), YTEC (-23.56%)



r the delay guys, but I've had some family issues that needed tending to yesterday. I will have the trade/position results posted by tonight (late).

Update # 2: I put a few more of the trades up. Of course, there are a lot more to go. Right now, I am trying to keep myself from falling asleep at the keyboard. I am really that tired. Today was a long day. I will continue to post some more trades tomorrow. I'll see how much I get done with tomorrow. It is a long and tedious process since I trade a lot of different stocks at once. Still, I will have it done. For now, there aren't that many interesting new longs. I like ADK and TSYS. ADK is a bit thinly traded, but it is still showing a great amount of strength. TSYS is putting in a strong bottom. I will be adding to my OFI position since it is doing rather well. Anyway, I'll see you all tomorrow. Check back later on in the day and evening for even more posted trade results.

Update #3. Finally got a chance to post some results...

3 Comments:

At 9:50 PM , Blogger Yre said...

blood bath is ON. Seems like regional banks are the bait this time.. Risking some monies to buy OTM options on regional banks.. ASBC looks yummy close to 52 week highs.. how rediculous.

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger Yre said...

so does FCTR.

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Yre,

Use caution when shorting. Even with volume being absent (it is May of course), retail investors will continue to push up stock prices (including financials) until they become fearful. Watch for a key reversal before shorting. The current market enviornment is tricky. Just go with the flow. Dont fight the trend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz