The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Stock Picks and Trade Ideas for Monday

New Buy Candidates: HEK, KIRK, PAR, SCLD


New Short Sale Candidates:


Add To: AVAN (on a dip), BEAT, GNET, HCKT, QTWW, ROYL


Note: I will post the rest of the picks tomorrow morning/noon


Note: I will not have much time to post new buy candidates today. I have several errands to run. These will keep me tied up pretty much until the close. As for myself, I am busy buying back some of the oil/gas related stocks that I had recently sold. Most are forming pivot points and may be ready to for another leg up. For example, I will be looking at BEXP, GEOI, GST, GSX, HUSA, ICO, MXC, PDO, TGC, FPP and all the other favorites.

6 Comments:

At 9:09 PM , Blogger Chad said...

HEK looks nice.
I missed the first oil and gas move. I'm glad to see it re-staging.

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger Chad said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:57 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Chad,

Yep, HEK is looking good right now. Just be careful as the stock is very speculative and risky in nature. Use limits to try to grab it around the 8.15-8.25 price range.
I think that the oil/gas/energy stock bounce is caused by the late investors and fund managers who are trying to build longer term investments in energy related stocks. Many are pissed off that the financials (such as GS) have let them down so they are looking to join the bandwagon. My question is, where were they late March and early April when these stocks started to move?

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Chad said...

You know how they are... gotta go with the "main stream" acceptance. Too bad for the financials though. I know everyone would have loved to see a bottom there. Who knows now? There're two or three that I would love to own, but it's a bad knife act trying to time them.

That's almost why I feel that it's too late for a major gain in the oil/gas sector anyway. ...institutions are pilling on by the masses. Usually I feel like I've already "missed it" when the big guys are finally jumping on board.

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

CHad,

Well you haven't neccessarily missed the trend. Institutions and retail investors usually provide enough money flow and steam to push prices higher. Just don't fight the trend. As long as insitutions and big banks are buying oil/energy related stocks,the prices will head higher. I regret selling some of my energy stocks a week ago. Sure I netted nice gains, but I was being cautious. Now I find myself contemplating on whether I should buy them back at such higher prices. Its a tough call.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz