The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stock Picks and Trade Ideas for Monday

New Buy Candidates:



New Short Sale Candidates:



Add To: APWR, CHP, EBS, ENG, ENZ, HALO, HYGS, LDL, NPSP, VNUS

Update: No new Buy Candidates for today. If I happen to find one worthwhile intraday I'll post it.

Note: The stocks that I am adding to are all the new buy candidates that I bought on Friday(with the exception of HYGS). These were some of the top performing stocks on my list so I bought them without hesitation. I am keeping a strict stop-loss on all of them. I am usually quite lax on the stops but the current market environment is quite treacherous and unforgiving. This is not the time to get lazy and give back all of my gains.

6 Comments:

At 2:41 PM , Blogger StockKevin said...

This is a volatile market. You are right we should all watch our stops more closely.

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Kevin,

Without a doubt it is a crazy market out there. Hopefully the extra volatility will lead to some good buying opportunities.

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nick,

If you had to sell all your holdings (very possible in this climate), which ones would be the last three to go?

I hold two of yours (SQNM and HYGS) and was wondering if I can get your creme de la creme :-)

andy

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

ps- not wishing at all that we sell, but I am looking for high RSI ones that are bullet proof.

thanks,
andy

 
At 1:12 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Andy,


It is hard to say which ones would be the last to go. The last to go would be the ones that made the biggest gain and are starting to show signs of exhaustion. I try to not show any favoritism with any of my stocks. If I do, I run the risk of becoming attached (emotionally) to a stock which makes it harder for me to make a correct decision/action. If the market and the technical signs told me to sell everything, I wouldn't even hesitate. I'd sell each and every last one.

If your looking for bullet proof, you don't have to look far. SQNM is one of the best stocks out there right now. HYGS has some strength but it needs to show some more support (around the 10 day MA) and work on its base a bit more.

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

agree Nick, thanks for your thoughts. Tuesday could be brutal but we need to get to the lows and establish the base (I am thinking 9500, IMHO)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz