The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Next up...SLXA (SOLEXA Inc.)

Why boring 'ol Solexa Inc. (SLXA)??? Is it because its in the Medical-Genetics industry which has attractive technicals? Well, that's just one reason. So what else? I like SLXA because its in the business of selling Genes to Bio-tech and Genetic research companies. My view is that this business will increase as we advance in the genetics field. It is a growing field and SLXA is supplying them with the Genes. Last but not least, the inside ownership (roughly 45%) and insider Purchases (lots and lots lately) signal to me that the company has bottomed out and is ready to start climbing back up.

APPROACH: My first target is 7.50+. This stock is currently thinly traded, so it needs a big boost in volume to get it moving. My opinion is that it has been kept under the radar for a while, so take that as an opportunity to buy some before it explodes. Buying in the low 5's would be great...High 4's even better. But I would even buy at the 5.50 range and anything below.

Time Frame: I really do not want to classify this as an investment because of the riskiness. That's why I consider it a mid- to long term trade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz