The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The one that got away....

This past Monday night (9/12) I was supposed to let you all know about a stock that I believed had great potential. Well, unfortunatly I never got to it and the stock already has a head start on its run up. That stock is....Trimeris Inc (TRMS). TRMS is small stock in the Medical-BioMedical/BioTech industry group. This was supposed to be announced Monday night as a new pick. But the problem was that the stock shot up the next day. So I held off thinking that the stock would drop today and consolidate. I was wrong on that, as you can see, the stock shot up to 14.65. If I recommended it Monday night and you bought it Tuesday morning, you and I both would have been very well off. You would have thought, "nice pick! How did you know it was going to shoot up the next day?!". The thing is I didn't! It was just a pick that I believed had potential because it is in a hot industry and the insider buys were very recent and huge! I never expected it to shoot up the next day. But it did and I didn't get to mention it the night before as I had planned. Well I'm telling you about it now. Plus I want to clue you in on some other stocks.

Chesapeake Energy (CHK) How many times do I need to mention it? Buy some! Going to 35 soon and then 40 dollars.

Amerada Hess (AHC) AHC has some insider buys lately. This tells me that the oil refining giant still has life after the $140 range. If you have the money buy between 50-100 shares.

Red Envelope (REDE) this retail stock is ready to capitalize on the upcoming shopping season. Be like the insiders and get in early on the fun!

CenterPoint Energy (CNP) and National Fuel Gas co (NFG) are the Utility-Gas Distribution industries poster boys. Both are poised to grow with the recent surge in gas demand and price. CNP's 1st target will be $21, while NFG's 1st target is $36. By them while they are still cheap!! Oh by the way, insiders have bought shares in BOTH companies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz