The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

NVAX is back for more....

hey guys,


looks like NVAX is back for more! I close my position on NVAX at the end of todays session ( the remaining shares). I figured this was a nice pop. I had a feeling it was going to run up today because I saw a lot of big orders yesterday (25,000-45,000share blocks). For now I think NVAX is done consolidating. I may buy more in the upcoming days for some quick swings, but nothing more. It doesn't pay to hold onto ANY stock for too long (at least not anymore, lol). I believe the "get some profit and get the heck out" strategy rules on these risky small caps, regardless if they are bio-tech or retail.

Novavax Inc (NVAX) 3 month chart showing some technicals


Okay, 1st and foremost, I hope most of you sold half your position when the stock jumped to the 5 dollar range. The huge volume spikes (the highest volume ever) should've been the signal to sell. From then on (after the first week of November) the stocks volume began to dwindle down (circle 1) which marked the consolidation phase. In this phase, the stock drifts around (sometimes down) until volume picks up or more positive news is announced. You can use the 50day MA as a support indicator. The stock Did Not go below the 50day Ma, which was a good sign to hold on or buy more at those levels. Finally, yesterday (November 14) was marked with more big buys (this is why it is important to watch the bids and asks. I will get into the detail of using Level 2 quote software another time). When I saw buys of 45,000 shares at 2.80, I knew that marked the bottom, as only idiots would drop so much money into a stock if they weren't sure it was going to go up, lol. So today, the stock has finally bounced up as you can see (circle 2) with more volume confirming the move (circle 3). So NVAX is safe for now. I will continue to keep an eye on it and play it for some more swing trades, as it is a very technical stock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz