The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Sometimes I wonder how they do it.......

Hey guys,

I've been busy trying to finish some hw and study for Exams before Thanksgiving break. Its been rough the last few weeks with HW and its been really killing the research time that I usually set aside to look for hot stocks. I had a few minutes to kill so I wanted to show you a pretty amazing stock chart! Enjoy!

Nutrisystem Inc (NTRI) 1yr chart


I don't know what it is about this stock, but it keeps defying the rules of graviy. The sad thing is, I used to own this stock when it was $8 ( when I first started). Like a dumbass, I sold it waaaayyyyy to early, as I am sure most people did. Anyways i just wanted to show this chart because it represents the type of ROE (return on your investment) that we Traders and Investors dream about. By the way, any one interested in buying some at these levels, lol?

1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey Dave!

I hear ya bro. Same situation over here. I got so much HW, its coming out of my ears! But seriously, I also have a ton of exams and stuff to do so I am taking a little breather from the blog and the market. Still, I pop up to check things and see whats up. I have been concentrating on quick little swing trades in cheap stocks (under $10), just to gather some extra cash. When I have more time and energy to focus, I will make bigger, more meaningful trades. I am working on the retail special (collecting some charts and stock ideas). Just dont know how soon I'll have it done with. Hopefully once this wave of school work is finished. Also I have found so nice inexpensive long term stocks as well. I will share these with you as well. For starters, check out RSCR, BDMS, GRB, BIOS, MECA, etc. I like these all long term. NTRI is wayyy over extended. You can jump in for a swing trade, but I wouldn't jump in for an investment unless it had a nice pullback or if next quarters results are good, with enough room for improvment. Still I think NTRI is more of a risk at these prices. Lol, thinking about it, when I first started over 6 months ago, I had purchased some NTRI (when it was called NSI). I really regret selling it then, but I had made money off of it and I didn't know what to expect from the stock exchange changeover (from Amex to Nasdaq). So I sold to quickly. Then when it was at 15-17 dollars, I had another opportunity to buy, but I didn't have any available funds. So I then saw the stock jump to the mid 20s and it was over by then. Lol, I missed it big time! I'm just so shocked its still running! It must have HANS running through its veins, lol. Anyways Dave, I'm off to do some more hw! if I have time, I may post a few more goodies tonight! Have a great week! Later Dave!

-Nick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz