The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

IPOs can provide a nice opportunity for a quick profit....

hey folks,


I don't have to tell ya. Those that played BIDU and BOT know that there is plenty of money to be made on hot IPO's. And I'm talking about big and quick money. How does it sound to invest $6,000 on an IPO and quickly make a 50% profit in a day or two? Sounds pretty damn good to me! Has anyone seen the action of todays IPO's? SFUN and IRBT wowed investors when they surged 50% and 11% respectivly. As a matter of fact, IRBT is up another 13% after hours. So what do we do? These companies already debuted and have risen quite a bit. The best thing to do is catch the next one coming up, of course!

Tommorow, Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (CCO) will debut on the NYSE. CCO is a subsidiary of Clear Channel Communications that has spun-off as a seperate publicly traded company because of its huge profit making ability in the advertising industry. So how is the company looking finanically? Well its expecting to raise $735,000,000. Thats pretty good! So why is this company hot? Go to the nearest city or urban area and you are sure to catch CCO's flashy billboards and advertisments which are filled with dazzling 3d effects as well as even smoke machines! I saw a pic of one of their billboards that advertised Coca-Cola's Full Throttle energy drink (in the IBD). It was pretty wild! It had 3d pipes (header style pipes) coming out of the can, along with smoke that blew out of the pipes (real smoke, yup,lol). Amazing, I know. So anyways, the moral of all this is: If CCO premiers in a positive way, buy a whole crap load of it. Cash it in either at the HOD or wait another day for another last minute runup. After you sell it, enjoy the fruits of your labor and buy yourselves a nice gift, ok?

P.S. CCO is supposed to open up between 20-22 dollars. If there is enough they may raise the offering price. This would be bullish. So if the news seems bullish, then buy. If it doesn't, then forget about it. Good luck to everyone playing this one tomm!

1 Comments:

At 9:57 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey Dave!

Yeah, my schedule can get a little hectic at times, lol. Thats why I only work part time with my pops. Thats also the reason why I think playing the market is important. Gotta make some extra cashish on the side! Also thanks for your concern about my health the last few days, I appreciate it Dave! I am well now and ready to get back in action!
The market is like a wild roller coaster ride as of lately! We just don't know whats gonna happen next! As far as homebuilder stocks, I am sick of those! I want to short them all, especially BMHC! I think those and chicken companies like TSN (Tyson Foods) are good shorts right now. I hate to admit it, but even energy companies are looking week lately. Except for UPL and SWN of course. SFP is a great company, its just that it needs some time to break this new down trend. I believe we are both patient and when the time comes we'll grab some shares of it! Expert Analysis, lol! haha really funny! I had to laugh at that, because I am NO expert on this! I am in the same boat as you and everyone else, trying to figure out this damn market! But! from the looks of it, it has some support at the 1.90-2.00 level. Worst comes to worst, the stock could bottom out at 1.00. More likely it will bottom out at 2.00! But dont take my word for it, look at the 50day MA! Better yet, look at the 200day Ma which it just crossed over! If upcoming news is good, we can see a reversal real soon! If not then we have to wait for the stock to surpass the 50day Ma and to make sure the 50 day is in a upward trend! I will try to post some pics of the chart (200day Ma and 50day MA) a little later. RSTO is looking good too. Im just waiting for it to finally bottom out! RSTO still hasn't touched its 200day MA, which it needs to cross. Yeah the big 3 are getting more popular each day! Im just glad I spotted them ahead of time. This gave us a good chance to get in if we wanted to. I hope you got in one of them at least! Yeah I guess the Momo's would include us, too, lol. But I am worried about the day traders getting into them! They will make everything turn to crap with these gems. =(
Definatly cant wait to post up a retail sector special! Just trying to find the time, thats all! If you want, check out SCVL. It looks like its reversing.
So you are going to Asia?! Awesome! What part of Asia? I always wanted to check out China, India and all the other Asian countries! They are very interesting and unique places! I will try to post some holiday stock special as well! That sounds like a great idea, thanks! Just so you know, the stocks that I will be posting under the "bottom fishing" section will also include stocks that can have a bullish reversal and run up nicely by the time the holidays come up! Thats just one suggestion. Still I will post some other ones as well! Check out the stock BABY. I believe it will have a nice run up by X-mas time. Anyways Dave, I gotta go finish some hw for now. I will try to post some more bottom fishing stocks a litte later!
Later, Dave!

-Nick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz