The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Down Day? What Else is New?

Hey guys,

I'm not here to talk about the market. Yeah I know it sucks, all the stocks are down, yada, yada... inflation fears and more B.S from Bernanke...blah blah blah. Yes I know all about that too. Trust me. So why does it seem like I could care less? Because I know that there is money to be made whether its a up day or a down day. Look, the most versatile traders can be without a doubt, compared to a chameleon lizard. Methodical...calculating...patient...and ever adapting. You gotta follow the charts. If you are short term or just trading-then get the hell out of a position once it pierces the 20 day MA. If your outlook is more longterm, then look for support at the 50 day. Always keep an eye on stocks that look to rebound (volume and institutional buying/and news is key). You gotta keep your wits about you..and pack some nerves of steel. Most important of all, don't panic. Be patient. Look, I know I am making it sound easy, and its one thing to say it now and another (whole other) thing while the DOW is plunging down over 200 points. Still, you have to keep things in perspective...Be cool, fool.


P.S. Looking for stocks that have made 52 wk highs is a good idea on days such as this. BUT, you should avoid buying the stocks that made 52 wk highs and closed at the low of the day or in the negative. This indicates people (or institutions) selling their shares at the run up.

2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

hey fugue,

Thanks! I think its great to see someone with the same opinion on the market. Personally, I believe the market is over reacting to the data. Oh well what can you do? There is no way to stop skiddish and fearful investors once they have begun panicking. And I agree, there are plenty of stocks out there that are worth checking out. I am posting some in the next post even as we speak. Feel free to check them out and let me know what your opinion is, as I always value constructive input.
By the way thanks for checking out my blog!

-Nick

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey Carole,

Exactly what I am thinking as well. It seems to be psychologically driven as well. It is amazing what a little fear does. Had investors been more confident, we would have probably had less of a sell off. Now everyone is talking about shorting stocks, sell this, sell that. And without even thinking!
I am quite flattered to be an inspiration to you or anyone for that matter. But still, thats great that you chose to create a blog. I think its a great way to communicate and express ones thoughts and feelings. If you want, throw me a link to your blog! I'd love to check it out!
Also, good luck to you and your stocks as well! Happy Trading

-Nick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz