The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Not a good time to be long.....

I was expecting a nice positive reversal after the big drop, but who was I kidding. A drop such as that can only signify one thing: Trend Change. That's right, it is not time to be fully long. Of course, there will be some longs that will resist this downward trend (there always is a handful that do), for the most part, it may be better to be short. If you want to go short and your are a novice to shorting (such as I am), start with ETF's and the NASDAQ Trust. If futures are your thing, go for it. With stocks, you want to short those that are violating their 50day Ma. Sure, you can short them if they violate the 10 and 20 day MA, but they could always bounce up from there. If they violate the 50 day and are showing weakness while trying to push themselves up, then you have yourself a good short. I have a good short that I am planning to unveil but I am waiting until its a definite short. I will share it with you then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz