The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Stock Indices Close at the top of Their Range...

Hey guys,


Today was a great close. Stock indices closed at the top of their range all across the board. I'm talking about the Dow, the Nas, the S&P, the Russell, you name it. I'm not talking about a 52wk high, but still, as a short term indicator this is very bullish stance. Does this mean that everything is perfect? Not exactly. Not every stock closed at the top of their range and not all stocks are at or near 52wk highs. But the average stock is performing well.

Add to: AWI, ATRI, PSYS, ESEA, SYNL, HINT, MNTG, MAPS, AGL, BKE, TWI, GLDD, KALU, INXI, DMRC, SSI, ....

New IPO's that I like: ARAY, OMPI, PRTS, NCMI, MLNX

New Short Ideas: EW - Also keep the previously mentioned shorts in mind as well, such as NTRI.


New long ideas: NDN, DLTR, TUP, WPZ, HOFT, SSI, MAPS, MATW, PXR, VTAL, CSV, STEI, SCI, POWL, BEZ, HRBN, RTI, CRS, USAP (mentioned before), ANST (still good), CDNS, LAVA, BCSI, SFNT, ENTU (i), LVB, TWIN, TRN, WAB, WNC (i), TOD (wait a bit), PCAR, MOV, POT, SQM, LXU, SMG, CF, HAN, CX, RMIX (i) - Note- I tried to pick some longs that were begining to break out or that weren't very extended from several key moving averages. In addition, some of the picks have been previously mentioned therefore, they aren't brand spanking new.

4 Comments:

At 4:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please check out our site at www.nptradingpartners.com.

If you or any of your readers need information on starting a hedge fund, get in touch.

Beth

 
At 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've had a few people we work with mention they read and like your blog!

 
At 5:42 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

For a moment I thought you were offering me a position at your company. I will be graduating this semester, so If you are looking for a equities/stock research analyst or porfolio manager, let me know. I am also glad that you and your co-workers enjoy my blog. Keep checking back and reading as I am always upoating and adding new trade and investment picks and ideas.

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

*updating


- Nick. M.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz