The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

New Picks and Some Current Winners...

Hey guys,


Check out some new longs




Venus Med Technologies (VNUS) ---- 10.22 on the Nasdaq

























Ametek Inc (AME) at 34.97 on the NYSE

AME 3- month chart
























Allegiant Travel Co (ALGT)


I've been in ALGT since day one at 25 a share. I took some profits on Friday as I have earned a handsome return on this hot stock. I still plan on holding the rest of my position and may even consider buying more shares when the price comes down a bit. At the moment, the stock has broken too far out of its trend channel. This signifies a higher risk vs reward situation. If you want to add to your position or initiate a position, I would wait until it come down a bit. Of course, it may just continue to shoot straight up more, but still, the risk outweighs the reward in this situation. Just wait it out a bit.




Cal-Maine Foods (CALM)

Just a boring food stock? Or is CALM something more. The increase in volume and share price seems to think the latter.














Brookdale Senior Living (BKD)

Although BKD has been rather sluggish during the past several months, I think it is a good long-term buy at this price. Nursing and retirement homes are a good long-term bet given the fact that more and more people are living longer than ever before. I have recommended BKD before and even ACR ( a while ago before BKD aquired it). I have even mentioned ALC, CSU, FVE and GHCI. The bottom line is, I like retirement/nursing home stocks a lot and will continue to endorse them.




Stage Stores Inc (SSI) Here is a stock that I have recently begun to watch. Although on the surface, they may seem as nothing special, they are a perfect edition to an investors account. Basically I like this stock for the long run. In additon, the recent double bottom-like chart formation is perfect for a swing trade as well. The stock bounced up to 22.26 and off its 50 day MA on high volume (following an upgrade). This is an ideal place to add.


Stage Stores Inc (SSI - NYSE) at 22.26




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz