The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Easy Does It...

Hey guys,


Just wanted to come through and give you the heads up on a few longs that I think you should keep an eye on. Some of them have been previously mentioned and are either past winners who I continue to like and some are completly new findings.

Longs: TWI, ABPI, FLL (great time to have added a position today), HINT (still smoking), JSDA (one of my all time favs since $5), NWK (loving it since $5 and change), KALU (coming back on high volume), AGL (great place to add or initiate a pos), MFW (great place to add or initiate a pos), WCN, TRI and
CCRN, PRGX, VSAT

Missed Opportunities: For the last couple of days, I have been following a very thinly traded stock called DIT. During this time, I had contemplated many times on whether I should have bought it or not. I was fascinated with the fact that this stock had a low float, and that it was cheap with great earnings potential. Alas, due to my lack of time with school and the fact that I keep track of hundreads of stocks, I had placed DIT in the back of my mind and sort of forgot about it. Should have I kept tabs on it and bought it? You bet. Today, the stock reported earnings and soared over 50% from the previous closing price. Unbelievable! Am I kick myself in the a$$? I should be, but I'd rather quickly get over it and concentrate on finding more winners.

P.S. I have also been watching SILC but was less likely to buy it than DIT. Needless to say, SILC was another missed opportunity. At the moment it is difficult to say if the stocks are still good buys. They may very well be, but after a 50% jump in each, I would be hesitant to buy. I would wait for them to base for a few days. That way you can get a better idea of how other traders and investors are reacting to the stocks price action and who knows, you may actually catch a good break and buy in at a better price for the next leg up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz