The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Finally, an End to this Madness....

I have to say that I am happy that the market just closed. Finally, we have an end to today's irrational madness. Subprime woes, BearStearns Hedge Fund problem and rising oil prices. Give me a break. The market looked for every excuse in the book in order to head lower. And head lower it did. One hundred and eighty five points for the DOW, and 28 for the NASDAQ. It got pretty ugly rather quickly. Despite this massive mess, many of my holdings actually closed either in the positive or slightly lower. I hope you all fared as well.

Note: Today's action seems very strange. Despite a nasty drop, many stocks have remained quite resilient to the markets actions. Also, there are many stocks that have experienced significant institutional buying, such as SLB, BGC, ACN and many others. Perhaps the big players know something we don't? Could it be that more cash is flowing into the stock market? Time will tell...



Some of today's winners: BZC, BOOT, CMCO, IRBT (by a hair), SMTX (by a nail), CVU (slightly), KTEC, TRR

Not too Bad: PED

Losers: CHDX, CTEC, SXCI, PSMT

Sold for Profit: EFUT

Sold for a loss: MTRX, MLP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz