The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Topsy-Turvy...

Just when it looked like the bulls had the upper-hand, the bears had to come strolling through the picnic. Needless to say, the picnic was trashed, as were bull's hopes of closing at the HOD. Instead, by sessions end, we close at the LOD. Definitly not fun. As for me, I have begun to cut my long positions and I have taken even more profits. It doesn't make sense to risk it. Many of my stocks have done quite well and deserve some profit taking. Others haven't done so well (such as VCC). Still it doesn't matter what direction the market wants to head. I only wish it made up its mind a little sooner so that I know whether to start shorting everything in sight or if I should just sit tight and wait this out. It sucks being stuck in a sideways market. The only decent new longs that I found are EVOL, BZC and VRGY. As far as shorting, I wouldn't mind shorting anything that is showing a climax top or a major moving average failure (50 and 200 day). Until I have a better understanding (or idea) of where the market is heading, I plan to keep trades on both sides of the fence quite small.

Nick. M. H.

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM , Blogger RoCoach said...

Nick,

Good call on your BZC!

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey ips,

Thanks for the props! Lets see how this baby does in the upcoming days and weeks.....


-Nick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz