The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Setting up for Next Week...

To me, the weekends are all about getting my watchlists and potential stock picks ready for battle in the market. I review all my pre-existing positions, determine which ones I will add to, which ones I will cut loose and of course, which new stocks I am planning on buying.

New Buys: VSCN (thinking of jumping back in), STS (thinking of jumping back in), SPEC, SIGM (past pick), URI, GMCR (good bp), BIDU (past pick), TSL, TLK, CMED

Note: I probably won't be able to buy all of these (at least not until I sell some holdings), so I will try to pick the ones that I think have the most potential.

Add to: HAYN, VCO, PHC, NEOG, PED, CMCO, PMRY, PENX, KTEC, LGTY, BZC

Thinking of Selling: CU (the rest of the pos), SXCI, RRST, VCC, LPHI (the rest of the pos)

5 Comments:

At 10:24 PM , Blogger Mateo said...

I got in on RZ just before the rapid gain and it has been good to me. XWG, on the other hand, seems like a fabulous waste of time. I think I'm going to hold off on buying the low priced stock for a while. I might buy back some more PENX (sold it off a couple of weeks ago).

I like ADR's chart, but do you think it's too late to get in? It jumped 6% on friday. I hate to buy stocks after such a large growth; I feel like even if they continue to grow it is going to trade sideways for a while before moving up again and I'm not patient when there's opportunity cost involved.

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger Mateo said...

Oh, and I was also wondering if you had an opinion on Amazon (AMZN).

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Mateo,

Good job on snatching up some RZ. RZ seems to have a lot of momentum so get ready for a crazy and volatile ride in both directions. XWG does seem like its lingering and trading sideways for now. Still, as long as the stock trends along its 20 day MA, it should be fine. The only problem is that it may take some positive news (such as a deal to make iPhone accessories) to get it moving in full force. PENX is still good and has offered a great entry when it dipped down earlier in the week. The stock is still good and will probably head even higher.

I looked for the ticker that you posted (ADR) but it seems to be incorrect. If you want me to take a look at it and give you my opinion try reposting the correct stock and ticker.

AMZN is hot right now. With the rally underway, you can bet that AMZN will continue to be a strong market leading stock. I like AMZN and I do believe it will go higher. Also, right now is a good time to buy it up.

-Nick

 
At 12:06 PM , Blogger Mateo said...

Sorry, the ticker is TSL, not ADR, not sure where I got that from. Anyways, it jumped 6% on Friday and I was wondering if now is still a good time to get in.

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Yep, TSL should still be good. I also recommended it as a buy for this week as well. But try to not over pay for it. Watch it closely and try to see if you can grab it under 70. It all depends how the market opens and how the stock reacts. Anyway, ss long as the Solar energy hype continues to build, TSL and all the other solar plays should be an easy play. Also check out ASTI, LDK, JASO, STP, FSLR and all the other crazy solar stocks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz