The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Back Down Again...

Finally and end to an ultimately bearish week. If it were still open, who knows how low we would have hit. As much as we would like to think and pretend that the subprime problems shouldn't effect us, we have to come to the realization that we have no choice. As much as we would like to shut the mortgage woes in a closet and forget about them, we just simply cannot. There is a lot of selling. Not just by individual investors and traders, but by institutions. There isn't much one can do. Well there is one thing you can do. Its all about changing strategies. If you do not allow your strategy to evolve or adapt to the new environment or circumstance, you will surely not succeed. Some so called experts will tell you that it is not time to short yet. I couldn't disagree more. A few days ago, I shorted a few mini Dow and S&P 500 futures contracts. While my stock portfolio, which is mostly long positions is slightly down, my futures portfolio has already skyrocketed in the last few days. Big difference. If things do not shape up next week, I will get rid of more positions and put more money to work on the short side. This what I've been doing since day one...adapting and reshaping my strategies...


So how did everything fare? Most of my newer stocks actually did good:
QEPC, TOD, LGTY, CVU, IIN and several others did fine considering the markets big drop.

Stocks such as WRLS, VSEC and BLOG didn't do so well.

My Canadian Stocks finished up nicely for week as well: GBI, TIM, HRX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz