The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The One that Got Away...

If there is one thing I dislike, its when a stock on my watch list makes new highs without me in it. Its true, I can't catch all of them. I have hundreds of stocks on my watch list and keeping tabs on them all the time is next to impossible. One stock that I had been constantly watching and yet never bought, is PODD. I first caught sight of PODD in late August/Early September. I remember that the stock seemed to have strong chart action. I held off from buying it because it was very speculative in nature. Looking back on the stock, I realize that if I had just followed my intuition and bought it, I would have been sitting on a rather nice profit from it. I knew it was a good buy and yet I held back from buying it. Sometimes it is better to go with your intuition (gut feeling) rather then over analyze a stock (like worrying about the fundamentals). One must remember that it doesn't matter WHY a stock is going up. All that matters is that it is showing strength and that it is moving up. That's it. Buy first, do research later. At least that is what a trader should do. Investors (fundamental investors) do research first and then buy later. Neither technique is right or wrong. Just make sure that you are comfortable with whichever technique you choose to utilize.

Another stock that I missed out on was TPC. Yesterday, the stock received a takeout bid from T-Mobile. Had I just bought the stock when I first started taking notice of it, I would have netted a 16-20% profit in a matter of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz