The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Two Picks for the Long Term Portfolio

Yesterday, I made two buys for my long term portfolio. I rarely make buys for this portfolio but I couldn't help but notice two stocks that looked ripe for a long term buy. So, I decided to scoop up two of my past favorite Indian stocks: SLT and TTM. Both are stable companies that have taken a hit because of the emerging market mess. Despite this, I believe that once everything clears, these stocks will soon be off to their old highs. A high growth country like India will recover quickly from the market mess and its growing economy will help stimulate the stock prices of SLT and TTM.

3 Comments:

At 10:57 PM , Blogger Lee said...

Nick, nice call on SLT :>) and I have followed your blog for almost a year or less. Great blog and some great calls over this time. Keep it up and I will keep referring.....

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Thanks Lee,

I had a bit of luck with SLT. I've been following it for a while and decided to stay on the side lines until I noticed the stock overextended to the downside. So far so good. Thanks for checking out my blog. Please, keep reading and I'll keep on posting the best trades that I possibly can.

Best,
Nick M.

 
At 1:39 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

SLT - up nearly 44% from B.P

TTM- Up 52% from B.P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz