The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bio-Tech's and Speculative MicroCaps

The speculative and bio-tech/pharma stocks seem to be the stocks du jour, as they continue to make higher moves. One bio-pharma that I had highlighted several sessions ago (IPCI) has been performing quite well. Alas, I had been reluctant in taking a position and decided not too chase it. Instead, I sat on the sidelines and watched it soar since last week. Another strong bio-tech (GENE) has also been making new highs with an impressive 90%+ move today. This also popped on my radar but the low trading volume deterred me from taking a position. One positive hopeful for today is AERL. I have been patiently watching it believe that it is almost ready to be bought as a trade.

Potential Trades: AERL, FRM

Note: In order for AERL to be a go, it must stay near the top of its range.

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM , Blogger vhdupati said...

Hey Nick,

Do you think its a good idea to buy SHZ at these levels after the shelf offering news...

not sure if the offering was a good or bad idea...

any suggestions

-VH

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

while it does offer more liquidity to the trading of the stock, then news is percieved as negative for now. I would wait until the stock forms a pivot and is ready for a technical bounce before jumping back in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz