The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Analysts can be very anal.......

I can't believe somebody downgraded Fording Canadian Trust (FDG)! What a greedy pig! It is so obvious that somebody wants in cheaper! They have down this so many times to so many stocks, just so they can buy cheaper shares for their rich clients!
Ok, truth be told, sometimes a downgrade is warranted! Still, many times, analysts just downgrade stocks just to get cheaper shares. It is a buy signal. When an analyst puts a buy or upgrade recommendation, they are trying to make a stock price rise so they can dump their shares!

1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

lol, hey Dave!

hey i know that sometimes ANALysts are right on a stocks performance and future direction, but I also learned the hardway. A few times, I have sold a stock because of an analyst downgrade, only to see the stock quickly turn around and continue an upward move following the downgrade! So, I sell the stock like an idiot cause of the downgrade and then the stock goes up without me! So I noticed that MANY times, an analyst will downgrade a stock, it will go down for a few weeks and then valuation changes at a different fund and they scoop it up really cheap! So I figure it B.S. I wish buying and selling stocks were as easy as following an analysts recommendation, but its not. So i take their downgrades (and sometimes there upgrades) with a grain of salt. But I do agree, sometimes they are on the money with sell recommendations.
lol, yeah I am still waiting for BCRX to come down! Im just wondering when will it come down! Still in the mean time, I am watching QDEL and VPHM as medium priced Bio-tech stocks that look like winners. Of course I still like NVAX and the small cap bio-techs as well. Anyways check out the Avian Flu section and the new selling and buying section that I will post later. The date today is 10/16/05. My bad, but I didn't have a chance to answer your post earlier Dave!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz