The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Who wants to be a Bag Holder??


If your interested, fill out an application at your local supermarket and get your $6 an hour. Hey at least you get paid. In Wall St. world, being a bag holder is even worse than its consumer retail counterpart. Here you are not paid holding the bag. Instead, your are holding a bag of $h!T, which in this case is a bad stock that is causing you more trouble than its worth. Enter Quidel Corp (QDEL). Once I had considered this a promising stock. Between the last 2 days and today, that all changed. I had a position since the stock was trading under 11. I held onto those and sold most of my position at the low 15 dollar range. I then picked some more up when it dipped to mid to low 13's, believing that the stock would bounce up. I was wrong. So watching yesterdays action confused me. I saw the stock drop as low at the low 11's, high 10's and then saw as the stock corrected itself and went to the low 12's. I thought it would bounce up for sure. I was wrong again. Now I'm stuck holding the bag of a company that has dropped for now apparant reason (no news) other than an increased interest by the shorts. What gives? Heck, if you know why QDEL has fallen so badly, let me know. All I know is, I'm planning on selling the remaining shares. Its not worth it when there are other great stocks to buy.

-Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz