The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hold on, cuz It's gonna be a Bumpy Ride....

Hey folks,

After a terrific start to the 2006 trading year, the markets are in the midst of a consolidation process. It is very important to add to positions or buy stocks at a discount on days like this. The Dow is still clinging onto support near 10,900. So far so good. Despite the increase in oil futures (blame it on an attack of an oil platform in Nigeria) to $66, my stocks held up well. How about yours? I have to stress the importance of still owning oil stocks. I still have a few that have helped out in times like this. Don't have anymore and want to grabs some good ones?
Try: EGY, KCS, CRZO, GEOI, PYR, CHAR, DNE, UTS.TO and GST (used to be GSREF.PK).

I already took profits on ARD and GMXR which I owned in the high teens/low 20's. I am still holding onto a small position in UTS.TO, GST and CHK for now. I may add some more oil stocks like UPL or SWN or maybe a driller or oil service stock..we'll see how oil holds up.

I am especially proud of how some of my picks are doing, especially SLXA, ACR, ACH, ASVI, GMK, XSNX, PGWC, PSTI, and others.

I have been busy doing lots and lots of research and I believe I have narrowed down some of the best stocks for the upcoming days, weeks and months. I will try to post some picks by the weekend before school starts! Later folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz