The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What's Hot and What's Not (1/11/06)

Hey ladies and gents

Todays market conditions are very similar to yesterdays. The DOW is hovering slightly over 11k, while the NASDAQ is about 3 points higher than yesterday.

Although its basically a quiet, profit taking day, there are still a few winners

GLW continues to move strongly, treading as high as $24.83. I am hoping that we see 25's soon! After that, I'd like to see the stock move to $30. Although it doesn't seem far away, it may be a daunting task for GLW. It will need to have increase earnings, especially with production of LCD screen glass.

ASVI is one of my favorite Construction/Mining Machinary company (after JOYG, of course). It has been heating up lately and I expect it to build up more support in the $28 range. If sales are favorable, ASVI can rocket into the $30 and $40 range without a problem.

PSTI is another stock that I have been recommending. It is acting quite nicely on such a bum day. It has also hit a new intra day and 52wk high.

AAPL continues to impress me as it hits highs all day. The announcement that Intel will supply AAPL's new computers has been music to institutions and investors ears. Also the upgrades didnt hurt either. I believe that AAPL will hit $100 in no time. Just wait for the new sales figures for the Ipod Nano and Video Ipod. Its gonna be bananas!

GOOG continues to defy gravity! I am now starting to feel bad about selling it too soon! Oh well, I had a buying opportunity in the 430/440 area but I didn't take it since my funds have been tied up. Oh well, I will keep an eye on it! The stock has hit a new 52wk high of 475.11. It looks like $500 is just around the corner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz