The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Roller Coaster Action.....

Who needs Six Flags when the market dishes out more excitment?!

It's crazy I tell ya! If one is to survive this market, one needs to be patient, keep a heavy stash in cash (great CD and money market rates) and recognize that this is a stock picker's trading enviornment that is characterized by short-term hold rates. Basically in and out action...think "stick and move"! Yeah I know what I am describing sounds like something else, but the same principles apply. Do your thing and get out! Lol.

Anyways, some of current winners include CTCM and MA. I am also initiating a buy rating on WNS (new IPO) based on the chart and strong accumulation. Reminds me of CTCM several weeks ago. Don't miss out on it! Some other hot stocks on my screen include: AEZ, CAPA and DK and possibly RAH. On the short side, besides ODP, short ARII, CAT, RMK, CFC and VOL. Keep TEX on the radar for a possible short.

Interestingly enough, tonight I recieved a soliciting email from Gorilla Trades, which highlighted some stock recommendations. Since its interesting and free advice, I plan on sharing it with you.

Gorilla Trades initiates a buy rec on Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ) which closed at 55.93 today. The gorilla recommends buying CNQ above 56.50 with a confirmation volume of at least 1.5 million ( it had 2.3 mill today). First target is 61.75 and the 2nd target is 68 with a 51.50 stop loss. Risk rating= 3

The gorilla also recommends shorting Office Depot (ODP) at 37.21 with a 31 target and a 40.50 buy-stop. Confirmation vol = 3 mill and the risk rating is 4. I like this trade the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz