The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Trade Journal

Covered my short position in BARE for a 10% gain. I am sure that BARE will continue to head down even more in the immediate future but I need to take my profits and free up funds...

VCC- Sold some of my position for a loss

--------------------------------------------
Profits:
VSEC- Took some profits. So far I am up over 30% on this stock.

PSMT- Took a lil profit

PLPC- Took some more profits.....getting close to 30%

New Buys: BZC, VNX (so far I am down 7%, unfortunatly)


Thinking about:
TRR options. If anyone followed my recommendation on TRR options, they would have netted over a 100% gain in a rather short time frame. They are still attractive and I am thinking about picking some up.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger Mateo said...

BZC had a huge day, that sounds like a keeper.

Any opinion on GLW?

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Mateo,

Yeah I know. Its been on fire lately. I wish I loaded up a few days ago, but oh well. I just didn't expect BZC to move up like this so quickly but the demand has been strong due to its low float. As far as GLW is concerned, to me its an old money stock that people are still playing because they are pissed that they bought it at 100. In my opinion, GLW was only a good buy when it bottomed in 2003. I also dont like todays chart action. Why did the stock close at the low of the day (LOD), while the market performed well? In my opinion, there are dozens of other stocks that are a better play than GLW. Just my 2cents...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz