The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Some of my Favorite Setups

Right now, it doesn't get any better than PTEC...

PTEC (3 month) chart


Notice the nice breakout above the 50 day MA. Stellar earnings were the catalyst. PTEC should head much higher as long as the general market holds up.

3 Comments:

At 8:22 AM , Blogger Chad said...

You can't beat a good burst of energy like that! I'll grab it on a pull-back.

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Chad said...

If you're still waiting on PAL, here's a catalyst:
http://www.reuters.com/article/goldMktRpt/idUSL257208620080125

Splendid news!

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Vestary,
You may have to wait until next week for a pullback in PTEC. I feel that the stock may still have a bit more strength left in it for today. Still, it is far better to wait for the pullback before getting in as the stock has been on a roll the past few days.
I'm still watching PAL. Good news or bad, I still don't feel that the stock has bottomed out. I'll keep an eye on if for now and may buy some when it starts an uptrend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz