The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Time to Take Advanatage of the Patch of Strength

Hey guys,

I'm back! I've been a bit busy for the past few days and haven't had time to post on my blog. Overall, this was a very good week. Although some of my short positions took a beating, all of my long positions have done quite well. Therefore, I am not complaining. I plan to utilize this small patch of market strength to my advantage. Gains on the short side always pale in comparison to gains on the long side. It is difficult to make a 90 to 100% return on a short (almost impossible). On the long side, 100% gains are quite commonplace. So which side do you think I'd rather be on? This isn't a trick question. No matter how many short positions I play or mention, trust me, I'd always rather be on the long side. But that is only when the market is on my side. So far, the market is showing us that its short term trend is up. Who knows how long this will last? It's all about taking advantage of it while its still here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz