The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Will Cash Be King Tomorrow??

I sold most of my stocks and I am sitting in mostly cash as of now...Today was fine except for the fact that we are still stuck at resistance. Other indexes like the RUT can't even climb above the 50 day MA. The VIX is also nearing 20. We may have one final attempt to push higher in the morning, but I have a feeling that it will fail and the indexes will close in the red. Just my opinion. I could be wrong...

6 Comments:

At 9:37 AM , Blogger Chad said...

Good day to be watching; you're right. Looks like there's an early push into resistance today. I'm interested to see where it goes and interested in what you think might lead the next batch of breakouts.

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger Chad said...

I just ran across AMZN again today. Have you been holding it since your first entry? That's been a great play!

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Yes. I'm holding AMZN as a longer term play. But, I am tempted to sell some today as I am feeling a bit uneasy with the market. I am tempted to sell CATM as well, but will wait for the momentum to cool off first.

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Chad said...

I sold my CATM premature. It's been performing really well, long term, too. I mentioned before that I didn't really have any long longs in my positions, and now I'm reevaluating that. I want at least one and CATM would have been a good one.

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Don't regret taking profits. The market has one good last push before the VIX hits 20 and that's it. After that we will most likely experience a sell off that will bring the VIX up to at least the 25 level or higher...

 
At 4:33 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

There it is...weakness may continue tomorrow and through early next week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz