The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Market Comeback, MEMY and friends....


Hey ladies and gents,

Today was a good day for the stock market. Coincidentally, it was also a good day for oil and gas stocks as well. Some notables were MEMY ( I recommended it yesterday) which was up quite nicely today, with a HOD of 2.50 and a close at 2.18 (up +20.00%)

Memory Pharmaceuticals (MEMY) 2 month chart



You gotta love the comeback that Memory Pharmaceuticals is staging! Reminds me of VPHM, before its big run-up!

Listen guys, it's cool to take profits and all, but hold on to some shares for a short-term investment. MEMY has a drug that treats mild to moderate Alzheimer's Disease called MEM 1003. Alzheimer's Disease (if you do not know) is a common neurological/psychological disorder that is common among older men and women. It is a degenerative disease that has a knack for eroding neurons and parts of the neurons (dendrites, axons, etc). The decrease in neuron cells in the brain produces Dementia like symptoms, including amnesiac, forgetfulness and others. Millions of older adults are effected every year.

So as you can see, a successful Alzheimer's Disease treatment is needed! Their is a huge market and need for drugs that can cure or treat Alzheimers Disease! So what is my forecast for MEMY? I say this stock is going to take out $4 sooner than most think. After that, its on to the 52wk high!

By the way, how did you guys like ACR and NL today?! You gotta love ACR, I'm so glad it hit a new 52wk high and broke into the 19 dollar range! Also SLXA didn't do so bad either!


American Retirement Corp (ACR) 2 month chart














----------------------------------------------------

On another note, Ebank Financial Services inc (EBDC) continues to impress me with its stealthy stellar climb! I profiled this stock when it was no more than $1.30-1.40 and today (9/26) it has hit a 52wk high of 2.06, and it closed at 2.05 for a +11.41% increase! Not bad! I am still amazed and shocked that no one knows about this wonderful little stock with so much potential! Oh well, I'm sure as it continues to grow, it will attract more attention. To tell you the truth, I am starting to like the fact that it continues to act well, despite the low volume. I'd rather see this little gem go up slowly over time, rather than shoot up like crazy (like ZENX).

Ebank Financial Services Inc (EBDC) 6 month chart



Looking at the chart, you can see how thinly traded this stock really is. The fact that it is an OTC.BB stock does not make the situation any better. Still it is my belief that this stock will eventually enter the AMEX or the NASDAQ! Time will tell! I do want you to notice the 2 huge spikes in volume! Those spikes in the volume are the insider purchases.


----------------------------------------------------------

Trimeris Inc (TRMS) also fought like a champ today! The stock hit a HOD of 15.44 (which is its highest HOD since it fell from its 52wk high of 16.16) and it closed at 15.10, which was not bad at all! The stock continues to build upon its base, and has been fairly quiet since the run up began at the $11 support level (bounced back). Once it bottomed out, Insiders were fairly quick with the buy button, and scooped up quite a handful of shares. I scooped up some myself and I can't complain. So far so good.

Approach: If you are still interested in buying TRMS, then wait for a dip to the mid to low 14's as a buy point. I do think that the stock is a little riskier as a buy in the $15 range. Its up to you though, since I profile plenty of other stocks that have yet to run up, you could choose something else. I was supposed to profile this stock before the run-up, but a number of factors prevented me from doing so. By then the stock had already blasted off, so I decided to hold it off. Still I like to profile it time to time.

Target: 1st target is to finish off the base it started and hit the $16 level. After that, I would expect the stock to create a handle off the base and spring upward. My 2nd target is $18.15.

Trimeris Inc (TRMS) 3 month chart


Notice the new uptrend and steady increase in volume.








TRMS 1 yr chart showing the base


This is one big base that the stock is working on. Notice how it bottomed out in July at the $10 dollar range.







TRMS 2 yr Chart

As hard to believe as it is, TRMS used to trade above $50 2 years ago! It has been below the $20 level since 2004! Looking at the chart, you can see that TRMS has ultimately bottomed out and has started a new uptrend! We just have to hope that this is a new, long-term uptrend and not some fad. The insider buying tells me that it is ready to retest the $16 level and rock! I will keep an eye on the company insiders as well. They know if the stock can finally break through the $20 barrier! If I see that they are all selling once it approaches that level, its over! But so far so good!

------------------------------------------------------

AXS-One Inc (AXO) also had a great day! The stock hit a HOD of 1.90 and closed their as well! Not Bad! If you haven't bought yet, what are you waiting for?!


AXS-One Inc (AXO) 2 month chart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz