The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

On the radar Screen

This is a new section (that I will try to consistantly post on) that will highlight stocks that I have on my radar screen. These stocks will include stocks that I think will be big movers in the days, weeks, and months to come.

First up....

AXS-ONE Inc (AXO) which trades on the AMEX. I like this stock because it is at the bottom of an industry that I really like - Computer Software -Enterprise Industry group. But boy does this stock suck...it actually stinks too! Its fundamentals and technicals are horrible...as a matter or fact, this stock is so bad, it CAN'T get any worse! Im serious! So why the interest? Thats it? Just cause its at the bottom? Nope! Because the stock exploded upwards of +7% (yesterday) and on phenomenal volume. So I checked it out and realized that since September 20th, insiders have been buying the crap out of this stock! Big money has flown in and poeple will start noticing! My advice? Jump in as soon as possible and enjoy the ride to $3+ and beyond!


AXS-ONE Inc (AXO) 6 month chart
















-------------------------


Remember Consol Energy (CNX)? Well remember that I mentioned it had Gas Assets that it decided to sell? Well I found them, in the form of CNXGY.PK This gas asset stock is trading at 20.25! Be the one of the 1st to be in the know and snatch it up!


------------


Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) is a nice stock that I recommend for this turbulant Hurricane season! Believe me, with all the roofing shingles that are going to be flying off this Hurricane season, BECN is bound to have an improved quarter! The stock is currently trading at 32.52 and it also hit 33.55 earlier, which is its 52wk high.















-------------------------------


Zenex International (ZENX.OB) is a stock that I wish I had discovered sooner. ZENX is a roofing company that seems to have recieved immense government contracts in Hurricane Katrina inflicted areas. It seems that traders went crazy on this news and have sent the stock sky high. The volume suggests that every Tom, Dick and Harry have squeezed the stock several times. Still, with some insider purchases and still no sells, maybe it is still worth putting some money into it. BUT, I do not suggest you go crazy with this, especially if you are like me and trying to get in at these levels. Just put a little bit in and not money that you really can't afford to lose. I also do not suggest you use margin for this stock, because when the SEC sees this kind of action, they get really excited and can put a halt on it. You don't want to get the SEC excited, believe me. Anyways, I just thought I'd bring it to your attention..I guess better late than never! I sure do wish someone brought it to my attention sooner! Thanks a lot!















------------------------------------------------


Safeguard Scientifics Inc (SFE) is another bottom dweller, just like AXO! This stock is also a bad stock as well. Again, the only reason I am recommending it, is because of some impressive insider buying and accumulation and for the fact that the stock is at its bottom. With those 2 factors in mind, I do think its a buy. As a matter of fact, I say this goes to at least 3.50 before its done with. The stock is currently at $1.76

Insiders bought 53,000 shares in September, totaling $82,000 and 306,200 shares in August, totaling $400,000. In total, they have purchased 359,200 shares worth $482,000 in the past two months (of course excluding July, June, etc).

Safeguard Scientifics INC (SFE) YTD Chart














---------------------------------------------------


Warren Resources INC (WRES) is another stock to keep on your radar. You could probably tell what sort of business this stock is in just by the name itself. If you guessed Oil and Gas Sector, give yourself a cookie, cause you are right! WRES is a pick of mine for a few simple reasons. One is that is still looks attractive because of its low price! Assuming that oil will stay over $45 and will continue to hang around these current levels, WRES should easily see $20 or more! The stock is currently at $13.74. Insiders have also bought some of their own stock in good faith that this move to $20 will likely happen! Place your bets, or should I say your cash and buy some!

One Insider has purchased less than a week ago. What the insider buy lacks in # of people buying, more than make ups for it in the amount of money poured into it. The insider bought 40,000 shares at 13.58, totaling $543,400,000! Nice!


--------------------------------------


Quintana Maritime LI (QMAR) is a stock you need to check out! The stock is currently trading around 11.40 and is a great buy! The stock is in the business of dry ship shipping business and is listed under the Transportation-Shipping Industry Sector. When you take a look at the company fundamentals and technicals, you will not be impressed. This company is no VLCCF nor no TUG. It is actually near the bottom in relation to other similar stocks. So whats so good about it? The upside potential, of course! I can easily see this stock trading at $15 soon and later on, even at $30! Oh and did I mention that insiders have bought a stake in it as well? A couple of insiders bought a combined total of 144,736 shares totaling $1,632,350! Thats not bad at all



-----------------------------------



GMX Resources (GMXR) is another hot oil stock! I really like this stock a lot and I believe that with a little patience, it will go far. I have watched this stock since it was in the high 18's, low 19's and I must say, it is holding up quite well. Today it got some justice when it was upgraded and the price target was raised to the $30 range! Not bad! Although the price drop in oil has hampered the stock today, I believe that GMXR will soon pick up where it left off and attack the $23/24 range once again! A close at the mid 22 dollar range or higher would be very positive for GMXR! Keep your eyes on it! Just a little word on advice though! If you are going to buy, buy soon while the stock is cheap at the low 20 range! This stock is also very volitile and can frustrate the average investor/trader, so be on your toes. Just so you know, do not be shocked if you buy at 21 and all of a sudden the stock drops to low 19's...it happens often with this stock.

---------------------------------------




American Eagle Outfitters (AEOS) which is a nice clothing company (i like it), is also a great stock that has been hit hard by the rising Oil and Gas prices. Now that the stock has finished bottoming out this week, it is time to buy! Buy all you can before the insiders beat you to it! Insiders have accumulated millions of dollars worth of shares! Unbelievable!! Buy some and forget about it until the holiday season!



-------------------------------------

1 Comments:

At 6:28 PM , Blogger FantasyFootballHelpers.com said...

You put a lot of time into this and I appreciate it! Nice work --

I started a fantasy football info site. It has tons of fantasy football info related info. Check out my site if you get a chance!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz