The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

What a BEEAAAUUUTTIFUL close today! You gotta love it! The Dow is up +83.19 , the NASDAQ is up +14.20, and the S&P 500 is up +10.18! S&P 500 is very strong lately, and I like it. Now lets get down to business. Which stocks rocked and which stocks flopped (hey that's what I will call this market reviews from now on)!

Peabody Energy (BTU) did the unthinkable and shot up, blasting past the $74/75 dollar support and touched the upper limits with a 52wk high of 79.75, and closing at 79.50! I recommended BTU not long ago when it was in the high 69/low 70 dollar range! The stock has never looked back since! Great job, BTU!

Consol Energy (CNX) which is still my favorite coal stock has also had a great day as well! CNX also hit its 52wk high and finally broke through the $75 resistance! CNX hit a high of $76.25 and closed at $75.74! I recommended CNX when it was $64/$65 dollars! Not Bad!! CNX has already passed my first 2 targets and is approaching the 3rd Target of $78+.

Massey Energy (MEE) has also been upbeat as well! Remember, I said to hold onto MEE until the 3Q results! Those that listened were rewarded today since the stock was up +6.54 % and at a new 52wk high of 55.64! The stock closed at 54.87! Remember, I really like MEE, and I know they are going to run it up until the 3Q results. I think it is a definite long term investment afterwards, especially since the company will be buying back their own stock in 2006! For now, treat is a intermediate term trade! MEE has already surpassed my 1st target of $55. Way to go, MEE!

Fording Canadian Coal (FDG) has finally stopped acting like a fool! After the 3 for 1 stock split, the stock must have hit a nervous breakdown and sunk down as low as the $39 range. I think it was just a little manipulation for the big boys to buy some cheap shares. But thats just me. Anyways, the stock has hit a daily high of 42.86 and closed at 41.85. Not bad! Lets keep it going and head out to $45!

Lions Gate Films (LGF) is acting decent, as it hit a daily high of 10.53 and closed at 10.51. This stock will act more appropriate when the #'s are out for Lord of War and when more info on Saw 2 is released. Also note that the stock has acquired Image Entertainment (DISK).

ASML Holdings (ASML) which I recently briefly recommended is up, with a high of $17.23 and a closing of 17.20.

Sterling Construction (STV) is at it again with another huge upswing of nearly +10%! The stock hit a day high of 24.89 and closed at 24.20. WOW!

Apple Computers (AAPL) was also on fire today, as it enjoyed the bull stampede throughout the day. AAPL closed at the HOD of 51.21. Nice!!

Corning Inc (GLW) is back at it, after profit taking took it for a dip. The dip created a huge buying opportunity since GLW will be back at 21 in no time and ready to retest the 22 dollar range. GLW closed at 20.25, just short 5 cents from the HOD of 20.30.

Chesapeake Energy (CHK) also showed some strength as it closed at an all time high of 33.91!

First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA) showed its bullish side today as shares enjoyed near 52wk high gains on above average volume! FCNCA closed at 167.25.

Capital Trust (CT) inched its way a little higher, also on above average volume. It closed at 33.57, which is not bad at all!

Ebank Financial Services (EBDC) continued to hold onto its 52 wk high. It settled for a few cents lower and closed up 2 cents at 1.72!

Motorsport Emporium (MSEP) is still a buy in my book (as long as you can stomach some volatility). The stock closed at 0.0118 which is +7% higher than yesterdays close!

UTS Energy (UTS.TO /UEYCF) is a stock that you must absolutely own! Look at TLM and CNQ 2yrs ago and see what price range they were in. Now fast forward 2 years and look at them now! UEYCF is right where they were. This stock is going to double before you know it...don't make me have to say "I told you so!". By a little, forget about it and be happy later on! Oh by the way, the stock closed up over 8%, hitting a new 52wk high of 4.5319!

Trimeris Inc (TRMS) is just plain nuts! This is a stock that I have recently bought (around high 11's) I didn't get a chance to profile it before its big run, but it is still not too late to jump in. I would wait for a small pull back first. The stock has a gap to fill at 16, so don't worry, it will complete the base and then run up to the 20 dollar range. Today it hit 14.78 and closed at 14.65! Don't miss out on a very promising stock. Oh and did I mention the company insiders are buying like crazy lately???!

NGAS Resources (NGAS) I'm telling you guys, while NGS is taking a break from its HUGE run-up, your attention should be focused on NGAS! Forget about ABLE and GEOI-those stocks are not really ready to rise just yet. GEOI is really worth 10 dollars and ABLE is worth only 12 at best. Focus on NGAS for now, until the others are ready to run again. NGAS was up to 9.24 earlier but fell a little as some profit taking took place.

CenterPoint Energy (CNP) is about to blow up! Volume was double today and the stock has also hit a conservative 52 wk high of 15.14! Time is running out before it runs to the 20's! Jump right on it!!

Sharper Image (SHRP) is still a good buy in my opinion. Get in ahead of the holiday season! The stock was up just a little bit, with a HOD of 13.77 and a close of 13.72. I expect the price to pick up as September comes to an end.

Party City (PCTY) is also doing okay. The stock has been under heavy accumulation by institutions. I expect the stock to break out any day now. For now the stock is lingering around the low 13 price range.

National Fuel Gas co. (NFG) is another great gas play (just like CNP). The stock closed at 32.56 and has been under accumulation by company insiders. I expect it to take advantage of high gas and other related fueling costs.

Air Methods Cp (AIRM) is an interesting medical play. It is a medical service company that provides emergency transportation for persons that require immediate medical attention. Very interesting and it has also been under accumulation by insiders. It is trading at 11.36.

Genesis Microchip (GNSS) has been declining the last few days. I told you to hold off until it dips. If you followed that and only bought on days that it had a postive opening then you could have bought the shares at the 23 dollar range!

Marvell Technologies (MRVL) also consolidated the last few days, providing a nice opportunity for an entry! The stock went as low as 44 and closed at the 47 dollar range!

Diodes Incorporated (DIOD) has also been acting great lately. The stock is just resting for the next leg up. The stock recently closed at 38.43

Trident Microsystems (TRID) along with GNSS, and MRVL, has been down. If you have waited then you have been rewarded with cheaper shares at 32.86! Nice!



Now for the stocks that didn't do so well today...........



'kay guys, I'll be back a little later to finish posting. I gotta finish making dinner...Veal Parmesan with Risotto Milanease on the side, lol. Sounds good, but lets see if my cooking skills will help it taste good! Lol I'll let ya know how it comes out!

Saturday, September 17----

Alright, I'm back again to finish up my post! By the way, dinner was actually edible! This is a good thing since I never really cook, lol. Anyway, I am done with the list of stocks that performed well on Friday, September 16. Now I will highlight the stocks that were down for the day. I will also post some more picks and try to add more to the Canadian Stock list. I still haven't found any concrete info on which brokerage service to use for the TSX market. I am waiting for a buddy of mine to send me the info. I'll post it as soon as I can.

STOCKS THAT FLOPPED

Columbus Mckinnon (CMCO) didn't exactly "flop" but it definitely dropped a little on above average volume. I believe this is just the effect of some normal profit taking. The stock is still not widely known so I believe it still has room to grow. It is currently at 23.07. I believe it goes to 25 soon.

Salton Inc (SFP) was also down a little on below average volume. This is indicating that the drop is not due to profit taking, but rather some consolidation. No worries here. The stock is currently at 4 even.

Novavax (NVAX) is also down today, where it is resting at the 1.45 range. The volume is below average so everything is okay for now. I'll continue to keep it under close watch.

Xenogen Corp (XGEN) has been acting lackluster lately. It has fallen since I recommended it. If it continues to perform poorly, I will have to let it go and replace it with another stock.

LSI Industries inc (LYTS) has taken a small dip after quite an impressive run up! The stock is now resting at 18.08.

Solexa inc (SLXA) has been down for a little. This stock has great support in the high 4/low 5 range. I still believe this is a go. It just may take a little longer to get it moving than anticipated.

Amerada Hess (AHC) is a really good stock. So when I found out that it was recently downgraded, I laughed because I knew somebody wanted to get in cheaper! The stock is currently at 133.52. Don't be foolish, grab some AHC now that it dipped a little! AHC will soon see 140...

Red Envelope (REDE) is a nice little retail gift store that will benefit from the upcoming holiday season. It recently went public in 2003, so its technically a pretty young stock. The stock is a little down and resting at 10.13. I sense that the recent insider buys are for a good reason. Dare I say $18-20+ in a year or less? We'll see!

Dobson Communications (DCEL) has been down a little due to its purchase/acquisition of Endless Mountains Wireless. I expect this down turn to be short lived and the stock to be back on track towards $8 in no time!

Global Signal (GSL) is becoming a great deal! I told you to wait before you bought. And if you waited, you would notice that GSL is dropping little by little. It is currently at 43. Keep an eye on it and buy it when it is done with its drop! Believe me, this company is a great one..its just that it had a little run up and needs to rest for a little.

Supertex Inc (SUPX) was down a little bit on Friday at the 29.11 dollar level.

That concludes the Stocks that Flopped section. Notice that the stocks mentioned are all good stocks. I just feel that it is necessary to give you both sides of the stories and not just the good looking side. I still stand by all my picks as great stocks. It's just that they are having a bad day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz