The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The best investments that you can't get your hands on......or can you?

Hey what's up ladies and gents?


We know Oil is hot and Oil stocks are even hotter. But have we been too focused on Oil Companies that focus too much on the Gulf Coast Region. This pertains to just about every U.S. based Oil and gas exploration/distribution company ranging from Chesapeake Energy (CHK) to Toreador Resources (TRGL). So what should we focus on? Canadian Oil Sands! But there is only one problem. Most of the Canadian Oil and gas plays are listed on the Toronto Exchange and not on U.S exchanges. This can present a small problem because you have to make sure the brokerage you use (whether its an online brokerage or discount brokerage) is able to trade on the Toronto Exchange. I will try to find some info on this and post my results as to which brokerage allow you to trade on the Toronto Exchange (TSX). For now, I would like to introduce you to some Canadian exclusives and some others that are thankfully listed here in the states but as pink sheets (.pk).

By the way, the Toronto Exchange Website is... www.tsx.com

The 1st one that I want you to look at is UTS Energy (UTS.TO). UTS also trades on the U.S markets on the pinksheets as UEYCF. UTS.TO is trading at 4.930 (Canadian) and 4.1774 (UEYCF).

Just so you know, I prefer the Toronto Exchange listed versions of the stocks rather than the pink sheet listed version. The TSX version seems to do a little better than its counterpart. That is why I urge you to trade the Canadian version rather than the U.S version. But believe me UEYCF is not bad. There will be other stocks that I mention that will ONLY be listed on the TSX and not on the U.S, so if you want to play them, you have to play them by the TSX.

Of course I have more picks, but time doesn't permit me to post them. After school and after work I will post some more up. Regardless, I will have more time on the weekend to set up some more and of course other picks as well. I want you to take advantage of the fact that oil is down a little. Anyways, have a great day and happy trading!

Oh by the way, I found out a website (online brokerage) that allows TSX trading. Check out www.bmo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz